Ridge Gourd (Peerkangai)
Buy Ridge gourd (Peerkangai) plants from Santhi online plant nursery website. This is an important Indian perennial vegetable plant. It has creeping & climbing habits. Yellow flowers in this plant attract honey bees & beneficial insects. Fruit yield starts from 60 to 75 days from the date of transplant. You can buy live plants online from us.
PROPAGATION: Done through seeds.
REPOTTING: Generally, grow the plants in a big size pot or Grow bags. Support the plants with sticks for trailing.
PRUNING: Pruning & trailing the vines are the most important operation to get the maximum yield. Cut the lateral stems of about 12 nodes above the top of the trellis.
TIME OF SOWING
Ridge gourd is cultivated both as a summer and rainy season crop. Summer crop: January to April. Rainy season crop: June to July
- Ridge gourd plants are rich in essential nutrients vitamins A, B6, and C, dietary fibers, iron, magnesium & iron.
- This plant is containing low calories, cholesterol, and regulates metabolism
- Additionally, good for vision, cure anemia, promotes weight loss, boosts immunity & others.
RIDGE GOURD PLANT CARE
- Ridge gourd plants require 9-12 inches of pot or grow bags for the best growth.
- Use well-drained soil or coco peat potting mix.
- This plant requires good well-drained soil or porous potting mix.
- Ridge gourd requires a sunlight requirement of about 6-7 hours of direct light.
- Water the plants regularly during summertime
- In the growing season feed the plant with any organic fertilizer like groundnut cake powder around the plants.
HARVEST: Harvest the fruits at the young stage before the skin becomes thick, otherwise the fruits will become inedible with lots of fiber
We have 145+ plants online. Our plant production is through natural and organic methods and we provide good healthy plants and the best quality products, which are nature friendly and sustainable and do not cause any harm to the environment hence we recommend you buy online plants from us and grow essential vegetables at the terrace.