Snake Gourd (Trichosanthes cucumerina)
Buy Snake Gourd (Trichosanthes cucumerina) Plant online from Santhi online plants nursery website.
Trichosanthes cucumerina is the scientific name for snake gourd, also known as Chichinda or Padwal in Hindi, Potlakaaya in Telugu, Chichinga in Bengali, Pudalankaai in Tamil, and Padavalanga in Malayalam. The snake gourd is an annual plant with forked tendrils and kidney- or heart-shaped, palmately lobed leaves. The five petals of the white unisexual flowers feature long lacy fringes and are open at night. You can order this plant in online plant delivery—the slender fruits are green with white stripes while young and turn a red-orange.
The snake gourd is a pumpkin family member with seeds resembling its cousin, the watermelon, but are a little more unusual, with a jagged-wavy appearance. The fruits of the snake gourd are far more intriguing than its seeds. You can buy plants online. They are long, slim, and wriggly like snakes, as the name implies.
- It is high in dietary fibers, which promote digestion and vitamins C and E, and antioxidants.
- which boosts skin and hair health and prevents dangerous free radicals from harming the body’s healthy cells.
- It continues to be lauded for its numerous health advantages and is frequently used infamous Indian cuisine
- This unique natural wonder, related to cucumbers and squash, also has excellent medicinal capabilities for illnesses including fever, jaundice, and diabetes.
- In addition, this plant is beneficial to plants for chemicals such as flavonoids and carotenoids, which give it remarkable antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- These seeds may germinate indoors before transplanting outside.
- Every day, carefully inspect this plant and water it as needed. Then, buy this plant online plant shopping.
- The snake gourd is a warm-season plant that prefers temperatures of 80°F to 95°F and at least 6 hours of sunlight every day.
- This plant will die if it is under-watered or over-watered. You can order this plant via online plant delivery.
- During the summer, water your plant in a pot every day.