Casuarina plant-Savukku Maram
Buy the Casuarina plant-Savukku Maram plant from Santhi online plant nursery website. Casuarina, also known as She-oak or Ironwood, is a genus of evergreen trees and shrubs. They are characterized by their long, slender, green-to-yellow-brown branches that resemble the feathery fronds of ferns. It is a hardy plant, able to withstand salt spray, drought, and windy conditions, making it a popular choice for coastal landscapes. It is also used in reforestation projects, erosion control, and as a timber source due to its strength and durability. The plant can grow up to 40 meters tall. You can purchase this tree plant from our online plant shopping and grow green with our plants.
FERTILIZER: For large scale, farming checks the soil nutrient status and applies NPK at an appropriate dosage from moderate to high.
The recommended dosage of application is 200-300 gms /tree as plant basal dosage.
For the home gardening application of old compost and manures as basal application monthly once.
PLANTING SEASON: Casuarina plant from June- September or December-January
PROPAGATION: Done by vegetative method rooting of young shoots.
PRUNING: For a good framework of trees prune the side branches. Remove the diseased, dried plant parts.
- We can use it as support beams, roofs, and, poles for Small houses in construction.
- Bronchia, the bacteria found in the roots of this tree, convert air nitrogen into nitrate salts and store it in the soil, improving the soil.
- Firstly, more plants can be grown per acre compared to other woods.
- Secondly, it returns a high yield, therefore, excellent for commercial farming.
- It is used as shelterbelts in coastal areas and windbreaks for protecting crops.
- They are used to make excellent hot-burning firewood.
- Their timber is stronger than teak but splits much.
- The bark can treat dysentery and diarrhea, and the twigs to treat swellings.
- Similarly, they can protect against soil erosion and help in reclaiming mined areas.
Casuarina plants are the most popular nowadays, we offer these plants at affordable cost and you can buy best online plants from us.
Harvest: Generally, 4 years with irrigation and a 5-6-year period without irrigation.
Yield: Depends on soil, climate & tree management practices.
We have 155+ plants online. Our plant production is through natural and organic methods and we provide good healthy plants and the best quality products, which are nature friendly and sustainable and do not cause any harm to the environment hence we recommend you buy online plants from us and grow low maintenance agro-forestry with good profit.