Water Apple Red
Buy Water Apple Red plants in India from Santhi’s online plant nursery
It naturally thrives in wet, warm, and humid climatic conditions, where the soil has rich moisture content. Its native environments include tropical South-East Asian countries namely Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, India, and Sri Lanka.
these nutritious fruits do not resemble the rose or the apple in terms of fragrance, taste, and texture.
These luscious red water apples have an intrinsically crunchy texture and are quite sweet in taste when ripe.
In addition, they possess vast amounts of crucial trace minerals like iron and calcium, and antioxidants.
The water apple tree leaves also contain powerful plant compounds called flavonoids, which offer anti-inflammatory properties for those suffering from chronic conditions.
It does not taste like an apple, and it has neither the fragrance nor the density of an apple. It is comparable to the taste of watermelon. Unlike either apple, the wax apple’s flesh has a very loose weave. The very middle holds a seed situated in a sort of cotton-candy-like mesh. This mesh is edible but flavorless.
In Ayurveda – the time-tested Indian system of medicine, the ancient documents feature a host of incredible therapeutic properties and uses of water apple fruit, leaves, and bark.
Water Apple Health Benefits:
1. Fights Free Radical Damage
2. Bolsters Immune Function
3. Reduced Risk Of Stroke
4. Boosts Good HDL Cholesterol
5. Improves Metabolism
6. Hydrates The Body
7. Cures Liver Damage
- It grows in well-drained and slightly acidic soils and does not like waterlogged conditions.
- Need full sunlight to grow (minimum 5-6 hrs)
- It grows in tropical areas wherever the temperature is about is below 35℃.
- You can prune its branches if found any diseased parts and also maintain you’re required shape. Do pruning after the winter season and never do pruning in the rainy season.
- Add organic fertilizer after pruning.
- The addition of organic mulch around the plant will be an additional benefit to conserve moisture near the root zone.