The fruits harvested during the winter season are superior in quality in comparison to rainy season fruits. It contains a considerable amount of Ca, P, and Fe. However, 80 percent of the iron remains in the seed and is not utilizable. Guava fruits are a good source of pectin, which ranges from 0.5 to 1.8 per cent.
- Selection from half-sib population of Apple Colour.
- High yielder with wider adaptability.
- Responsive to pruning; suitable for high density plantings.
- Fruit yield is 100 kg per plant per annum at around 6 years of age, higher than any other commercial guava variety.
- Fruits are saffron yellow in colour with red blush.