About Insulin Plant
Buy Insulin Plant online from Santhi online plants nursery website.
Insulin plant, also known by its scientific name Chamaecostus Cuspidatus, can give several names, including Insulin plant, Step ladder, and Spiral flag. The plant is native to South and Central America and belongs to the Costaceae family and the genus Costus. Best online plant nursery.Best online plant nursery. Costus is the biggest in the family, with approximately 150 species found mainly in tropical regions. Despite its natural origins in the Americas, this plant can find in abundance in the gardens of Southern India, earning it the moniker “Insulin Plant.”
- It is extensively may plant as an attractive plant in gardens and grows wild in many areas in South India.
- It may know that diabetic patients consume one leaf every day to maintain their blood glucose low, and it’s can use to manage diabetes in India.
- The plant leaves can one of the plants utilized by the tribal inhabitants of the Kolli Hills in Namakkal district, Tamilnadu, to cure diabetes effectively.
- The aerial portion of the insulin plant can use as an infusion to treat renal problems in Mexican traditional medicine.
- Cover the Spiral Flag with wood chips or other organic mulch to keep it warm in the winter.
- Keep an eye on the finer details, such as the mulch not touching the plant stem.
- During the winter, you should avoid overwatering the plant.
- Temperatures between 35 and 45 degrees are ideal for the plant to bloom. We are providing the best online nursery plants.