Bougainvillea Red Layered Plant
Bougainvillaea Plant (Red), a stunning garden lends a nice touch to one’s house. Bougainvillea is an evergreen shrubby vine, not a creeper. However, it requires a lot of time and effort to ensure that the plants and flowers in the garden blossom. Bougainvillea is known for its bright flowers that bloom all year but are especially abundant in the winter. Bougainvillea can be grown all year, although the best time to plant is between June and October.
Bougainvillea is a sun-loving outdoor plant that blooms best in a warm atmosphere. It has massive roots that don’t like to be disturbed. When they bloom, they offer a splash of colour to your walls, creating a relaxing atmosphere. The most crucial aspect in allowing this plant to reach its full potential is sunlight. They require at least six to eight hours of direct sunlight per day.
- In the summer, water liberally, and in the winter, keep slightly damp.
- Apply a monthly application of a well-balanced liquid fertiliser. If cultivated in a container, it can be placed outside in the summer.
- In the winter, only use a small amount of water. If kept dry, it can withstand temperatures as low as 0°C for brief periods.
- Bougainvillea dislikes being wet for lengthy periods and might succumb to root rot in heavy soil. They prefer loose, grittier soil.
- Propagation In the summer, propagate with semi-hardwood cuttings, and in the early spring, with softwood cuttings. Early autumn or early spring are good times to layer.
- Bougainvillea is best grown in the open air.
- Direct bright light for more than 6 hours is required.
- Soil-Well-drained, fertile, and nutrient-rich soil is essential.
- Water the plant when the top 1-2 inches of soil on the surface feels dry to the touch. During the primary growing season, use any organic fertiliser in June/July
- In several places, people have utilised the extract and decoction of this plant to manage fertility. Bougainvillea is used to alleviate stomach problems, and inflammation, and as an antiseptic in some areas.
- Diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol have all been treated with it.