Benefits and caring of Allamanda yellow Variegata
Allamanda yellow Variegata
Allamanda is a bushy nature plant, the large-sized container is preferable as the plant gets heavy with time. You may need to report it every year. Make sure the container has drainage holes at the bottom to ensure smooth drainage of water. Put stone or brick pieces on the holes.
Light and Temperature
Allamanda cathartica pruned as a shrub. This plant does best with full sun, rich, well-drained soil, and plenty of moisture during the growing season. When grown indoors it should get at least 4 hours of direct sunlight daily.
- In its native habitat, new shoots of the tropical shrub Allamanda find their way to the treetops to get all the full sun they can, while keeping the dark green leaves protected in semi-shade.
- A lover of the sun, this drought-tolerant plant needs lots of sunshine, so if possible, mimic nature and shade the plant but give the tips lots of sunshine.
- Keep temperatures and humidity high if possible.
- They are beautiful and often used for decoration.
- In traditional medicine, people use it to treat liver tumors, malaria, splenomegaly, and jaundice.
- They use it to treat abscesses, ringworm, ulcers, and eczema.
- Their flowers are very effective in preventing malaria and swelling of the spleen.
- They also used as an antidote for poisoning & can treat dysentery.
- And, they grow pretty well in tropics and areas with high light levels.
- It is perfect for Indian climates as it is full of sunlight.
- it has high commercial demand and is excellent for plantations.
Care of Allamanda yellow variegata :
- Water deeply until the excess moisture runs out of the drainage holes, but then wait until the top surface of the soil dries out before you irrigate again.
- Allamanda doesn’t like wet feet. Fertilize in spring through summer every two to three weeks with good blooming plant food.
- Allow the plant to rest in winter.
- Suspend fertilizing in winter as part of good Allamanda plant care.
- Restart fertilizing in April & move the plant outside as soon as temperatures are above 60 F. (16 C.)
If you love to plant an Allamanda yellow Variegata, kindly visit www.santhionlineplants.com