Pitahaya, or the white-fleshed pitahaya but most commonly known as Dragon fruit, is a cactus believed to originated from Mexico and is also native to several Central American countries and the northern parts of South America. European Colonials brought the cactus to Asia. Dragon fruit is being heavily grown in Southeast Asia, particularly in Vietnam and the Mekong river delta. Indian farmers are also starting to realize the massive potential of Dragon fruit. The plant grown from seed take will take like 5 to 7 years for it to bear fruit. We offer dragon fruit plants from our state-of-the-art nursery, and they can bear fruit after just 9 to 12 months. We have a vast collection of online plant nurseries, To know more, kindly visit our nursery online plants section at santhionlineplants.com.
Dragon fruit plant is a climbing cactus that needs a supporting structure like a trellis to grow tall. The plant is highly versatile. You can use almost anything from bamboo, sticks, or even a wall as its supporting structure once it reaches 12 inches in height. The dragon fruit plant has thick green stems covered by spiky thorns on the outside. They produce large flowers that can grow up to 30cm long and up to 17cm wide. The plant is also known as ”The moonlight cactus” as its flowers usually blossom at night. The flowers are white and highly aromatic that gives you a pleasant scent. They are also edible. The dragon fruit turns pinkish-red when they are ripe. It has white flesh and tastes sweet and juicy.
- Dragon fruit has high amounts of fiber that helps your stomach feel full without having to eat much
- It makes you lose weight faster as it has zero fat.
- It is an excellent source of Iron, which helps in increased oxygen flow in blood circulation.
- The fruit helps your digestive and immune system by feeding the good bacteria in the intestines.
- Dragon fruit fortifies your immune system as it is rich in Vitamin C and other antioxidants.
- Can prevent aging and cancer.
- It makes you feel good and energetic.
- Enjoy it with a good salad, smoothie, juice, and also as toppings in desserts.
The dragon fruit plant has many nutritional and health benefits, which is why it’s in high demand these days. We grow our dragon fruit plants using natural and organic methods. To buy one, visit www.santhionlineplants.com and select your favorite plant. And we can proudly say that we are the best online plants store as we offer high-quality plants and products using natural and organic methods. We have a good online plants nursery that offers several nursery online plants. To know more, kindly check out our nursery online plants.
The dragon fruit plant requires very little maintenance. Water the soil when it’s dry and provide sunlight to the plant for at least 6 hours a day. We offer an Organic Potting mix that boosts the plant’s growth and makes it more resilient in fighting diseases.